Re: Postgresql with OOo - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Giles Lean
Subject Re: Postgresql with OOo
Date
List pgsql-novice
Art Fore wrote:

> 1.    Which would be better to connect OpenOffice.org 1.02 to a postgresql
> database, JDBC or ODBC?
>
> 2.    Has anyone connected OOo to a postgresql database, and if so, could
> you point me in the direction of some howtos for this/

I'm looking at connecting by implementing a SDBC driver, but this is
early days -- I fear sorting out the open office build and identifying
what needs to be written will take more time than actually writing it,
but I'll see.

Ideas and input welcome from anyone, by the way.  I volunteered 'cos
it seemed interesting and there was a lack of volunteers, not because
I knew what I was letting myself in for. ;-)

Regards,

Giles