Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Scott Goodwin <scott@scottg.net> writes:
> After recompiling with GCC 3.1 it fails when I'm running initdb to
> create the cluster -- it's a shmget error again. I believe that takes
> both Tcl and PostgreSQL out of the suspect pool and leaves Mac OS 10.3
> as the primary culprit.

Does the failure go away if you reboot?  I'm wondering whether the
conflicting shared memory segment is simply left over from your last
failure.  (Try "ipcs" if you have it; I don't think 10.2 did, but maybe
Apple saw the light for 10.3.)

We know that PG worked okay on 10.3 betas about a month back,
so I'm doubtful that there's any serious problem in 10.3 final.
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 10.3 final yet to confirm ...

            regards, tom lane