Re: createuser/dropuser username - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: createuser/dropuser username
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>>> It removes quoting for table references in clusterdb and index/table
>>> references in reindexdb,

>> Uh, surely that breaks things.  Or did you miss my statement that the
>> current behavior is what is intended?

> I saw that, but how is that consistent with other command-line tools?
> What is the logic that has some tools preserve case and others not?

If there are any that fail to preserve case, those are the ones to be
fixed.  Making the working ones match the broken ones is not the correct
direction.

> Really?  Pg_dump doesn't preserve case for table names:

>     pg_dump -t Test test

pg_dump is a special case because the arguments are patterns to match,
not fixed names.

            regards, tom lane