Re: PostgreSQL User Map - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Claire McLister
Subject Re: PostgreSQL User Map
Date
List pgsql-www
I think our emails may have crossed. We do have the email list soln.,
with the email->ip->geocordinates thing all worked out.

So, if you want to go with Google maps, I'd be happy to help out.

Claire
http://www.zeemaps.com

On Mar 2, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> FWIW I was just dusting off my google maps code about two nights
> ago.  After
> looking over a bunch of things I was planning to just go with my
> original
> scheme which was integrating a google maps interface into the
> postgresql
> website.  I tend to favor this over the different external
> solutions we have
> seen, and even though its not postgis based, which I know a lot of
> people
> would like, it's not like it's an anti-postgresql oriented
> solution, and we
> don't really need to have that much complexity in there, at least not
> initially; we can do developers, support companies and sponsors all
> with out
> it.  The one idea I have seen that was really slick was the tagging
> of the
> email lists onto a map, and even this could probably be done using
> google
> maps if we can get the ip->geocoordinate mapping worked out.
>
> Hmm.. all that said there is one thing I needed to test before I
> could commit
> what I have now. If there aren't any objections I'll proceed with
> that plan.
>
> On Thursday 02 March 2006 17:26, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> [ CC to www list.]
>>>
>>> I am thinking we need to do something automated with the existing
>>> email
>>> lists.  It seems self-registration isn't working or isn't prominent