Re: Video storage in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject Re: Video storage in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg,

> It's not as slick as having libpq do it in general but an awful lot of
> things would have to change to make streaming out a video stored in a
> single datum possible -- not just in libpq but in the server as well.

Let me add it to TODO then.  We'd capture a whole new user community if
we
had a decent streaming API.  If we could use the same mechanism to
return
a few rows at a time, then that would be keen too ...

--
--Josh

This would be very, very good.

not sure if this link will help as a kickstart, but:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashmediaserver/productinfo/pricing/fms_whitepaper_bandwidth.pdf