Re: warning to publication created and wal_level is not set to logical - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: warning to publication created and wal_level is not set to logical
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2019-03-25 13:53:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> One idea that might be useful is to have walsenders refuse to transmit
>> any logical-replication data if they see wal_level is too low.  That
>> would get users' attention pretty quickly.

> They do:

Oh, OK, then this seems like it's basically covered already.  I think
the original suggestion to add a WARNING during CREATE PUBLICATION
isn't unreasonable.  But we don't need to do more than that (and it
shouldn't be higher than WARNING).