Re: Using C# to create stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Using C# to create stored procedures
Date
Re: Using C# to create stored procedures  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
BitmapScan mishaps  (Listmail <lists@peufeu.com>)
Re: Using C# to create stored procedures  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
List pgsql-general
> Both MS SQL Server and IBM DB2 (on windows) supports .net stored
> procedures in C#, VB, or any other .net hosted language.

Awhile back I read an article claiming that .NET could only host one
language, or at least only languages that differed merely in trivial
syntactic details --- its execution engine isn't flexible enough for
anything truly interesting.  Haven't looked into that for myself
though ... any comments?

            regards, tom lane