Re: Adding contrib modules - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Villa
Subject Re: Adding contrib modules
Date
Re: Adding contrib modules  (Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee>)
List pgsql-general
> Jonathan Villa schrieb:
>
>> thanks, that seemed to work ok... now.. how do I use tsearch2?  meaning,
>> how do I run the script?  is it against the database I was to use it
>> with?
>>  example
>>
>> psql -d mytestdb < tsearch2.sql
>>
>> Granted, this is a new database that has not worked with tsearch2
>> before.
>
> Yes, this is the right way. See
> $PGSRC/contrib/tsearch2/docs/tsearch-V2-intro.html chapter
> ADDING TSEARCH2 FUNCTIONALITY TO A DATABASE.

Thanks... at least know I'm doing to correctly... but I still get the
errors.  I've done everything as it states on the tsearch-V2-intro.html
page... and then I run

 psql ftstest < tsearch2.sql &> fts.out

for testing of course

the fts.out file has things like

ERROR:  type "tsvector" does not exist
ERROR:  type "tsquery" does not exist
ERROR:  function lexize("unknown", "unknown") does not exist

I'm totally baffled... I'm running 7.4.8 by the way