Re: Adding contrib modules - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Villa
Subject Re: Adding contrib modules
Date
List pgsql-general

> Jonathan Villa schrieb:
>
>> Yes, I'm running on Linux
>>
>> I did not try ldconfig, however I just have... and same result
>>
>> tsearch2.so is in /usr/local/pgsql/lib and my home /usr/local/pgsql
>>
>> Also, logs say the same thing that fts.out says
>
> I'm a little confused about your problem. I use postgresql 7.4.8 on
> production server and postgresql 8.0.3 on development server and your
> problem I never had.
> Is your server a clean database engine or is it in use for other
> databases? Can you execute an new initdb after removing the old data
> folder?

Yes, this problem is very confusing... PgSQL is a brand new installation,
and nothing else is running on it.  I've tried rebuilding many times and
during those times I've removed the entire /usr/local/pgsql/* directory
and then ran initdb all over again.  Right now the issue is happening on
FC3, I'll try these same steps on the production server which is RHEL 3