Re: Doc: CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command requires the plugin name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Antonin Houska
Subject Re: Doc: CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command requires the plugin name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 5:43 PM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:

> > > Why do we need it for physical slots?
> >
> > Sure we don't, the missing curly brackets seem to be the problem. I used the
> > other form of the command for reference, which therefore might need a minor
> > fix too.
> >

> Instead of adding additional '{}', can't we simply use:
> <literal>LOGICAL</literal> <replaceable
> class="parameter">output_plugin</replaceable> } [
> <literal>EXPORT_SNAPSHOT</literal> |
> | <literal>TWO_PHASE</literal> ]

Do you mean changing

CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT slot_name [ TEMPORARY ] { PHYSICAL [ RESERVE_WAL ] | LOGICAL output_plugin [ EXPORT_SNAPSHOT |
NOEXPORT_SNAPSHOT| USE_SNAPSHOT | TWO_PHASE ] }

CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT slot_name [ TEMPORARY ] { PHYSICAL [ RESERVE_WAL ] | LOGICAL output_plugin } [ EXPORT_SNAPSHOT
|NOEXPORT_SNAPSHOT | USE_SNAPSHOT | TWO_PHASE ]

?

I'm not sure, IMHO that would still allow for commands like

CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT slot_name PHYSICAL output_plugin

--
Antonin Houska