Re: Repeatedly breaking indexes - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Repeatedly breaking indexes
Date
Re: Repeatedly breaking indexes - SOLVED  (Martin Edlman <edlman@fortech.cz>)
List pgsql-bugs
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com> writes:
> Martin, you can probably rule out the cs_CZ (LATIN2) locale as the cause
> of your problems -- I've been using that one for years on many production
> postgres systems (often huge and constantly loaded) and have never observed
> the problems you're describing.

Thanks for the info.  But are you using cs_CZ.ISO8859-2 in particular on
Red Hat 8.0 in particular?  If it is a locale-related issue, it might be
specific to that particular variant on that platform.

I have RH 8.0 here, and could easily run some tests, but I'm not sure
what to look for.  A quick run of the regression tests didn't reveal
any issues, other than expectable differences from C locale in sort
ordering.

            regards, tom lane