Re: autovacuum launcher using InitPostgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: autovacuum launcher using InitPostgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> To this end, InitPostgres has been split in two.  The launcher only
> calls the first half, the rest of the callers have been patched to
> invoke the second half.

This just seems truly messy :-(.  Let me see if I can find something
cleaner.

BTW, is it *really* the case that the AV launcher won't need
RecentGlobalXmin?  The way the HOT stuff works, I think anything that
examines heap pages at all had better have that set.