Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps this is a good idea -- discussions on new development should
> be deferred until the end of the commitfest, if one is in progress.

Well, that was part of the original idea of a commit fest, on the theory
that everyone should be helping review/commit instead.  But not that
many people seem to have bought into it ...

> We'll see what happens on the May commitfest, but my guess is that it
> will be a lot shorter than the March one.  If it takes 1.5-2 weeks, it's
> not so bad, and it means people is eager to get the current patches done
> as quickly as possible so that discussions on items they are interested
> in can continue.

Yeah.  This first one was going to be an aberration from the get-go,
just because of the backlog.  I don't think we should draw too many
conclusions from it about how future ones will go.  But they'd *better*
be shorter.