Possibly stupid questions re: large tables/files, port 5432 access - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Holden
Subject Possibly stupid questions re: large tables/files, port 5432 access
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi, folks....

There is a file located at

  /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/26920/

named 35987 that is roughly 750mb. Is there any way to find out what
table or database this file belongs to? I really shouldn't have that
much data in any of my tables, so I'm fairly certain that this is a bug
in my code.

Things are running very sloooowly, and I think that the size of this
file/table/whatever is partly to blame. It used to run really quickly
but performance has deteriorated over time.

Also, I'd like to use the EMS front end for managing my database, but
it seems that port 5432 isn't enabled, or my server isn't accepting
connections on that port. My server is in a data center and there is no
firewall between m Is there a FAQ or HOWTO for configuring this?

Many thanks,

Michael