Re: Lessons from commit fest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lessons from commit fest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> We should probably try to limit the focus of fests to consider only
>> actual patches, with design discussions handled "live" during normal
>> development, the way they've always been in the past.

> We have discouraged design discussions during feature freeze and beta ---
> do we want to change that?

No, changing that wasn't what I meant to suggest.  My point here is that
we'd dropped a number of big mushy discussions into the queue with the
idea that they'd be re-opened during commit fest, but new discussion
did not happen to any useful extent.  Conclusion: don't bother putting
anything less concrete than a patch on the fest queue.