Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> To a certain extent I agree.  I have definitely seen times where I have
> spent hours and hours and hours of coding doing something that a core
> developer can do in no time, but just isn't inclined to do.

Well, you know, there is some method in our madness.  We'd like to see
more people develop the skills to work on Postgres, and the above is how
you do it.  (How do you think the core developers learned?)  If we did
all the "easy" stuff because it was easy, there'd be no appropriate
projects for new developers to tackle.

Which is not to say that DROP COLUMN is easy; it's not.