Re: Commit emails to -committers - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commit emails to -committers
Date
List pgsql-www

> Just for the record, I don't like that and I would prefer that the
> committer name appears as a trailing atom at the end of the From text,
> since that shouldn't cause any usability issues, judging from the user
> stories we know about.

The complaints I've heard about have to do with autocomplete on the first
few characters, so I agree that that probably wouldn't trigger with
something like "Committed by Stephen Frost <noreply@postgresql.org>".
Whether that's free of other usability issues is another story.
In my preferred email list display, much of the actual committer's
name would disappear thanks to the column length limit ... probably
not so much that I couldn't tell who was who, but other people might
have more trouble with that.

            regards, tom lane