Re: Commit emails to -committers - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Commit emails to -committers
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Alvaro Herrera (alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org) wrote:
> On 2021-Aug-23, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:

> > > I'm alright with that, but would want to have the committer somehow
> > > mentioned in the email somewhere or maybe in the subject..?  Otherwise
> > > it's entirely unclear who the committer is without going to the actual
> > > git repo and that seems like a general reduction in usability.
> >
> > ... and obviously I didn't read the complete comment above which says
> > explicitly that it'd go in the body. :)
>
> Just for the record, I don't like that and I would prefer that the
> committer name appears as a trailing atom at the end of the From text,
> since that shouldn't cause any usability issues, judging from the user
> stories we know about.

Ok, if we know that to be the case then that's fine with me (and I'd
generally prefer it myself though I'm not terribly picky).  So then:

  From: Committer Stephen Frost <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>

is what I'd suggest...  Does anyone think that'd be an issue given the
discussion?  I'd be happy to help test out what ends up happening with
$whomever's MUA that we think might be impacted.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment