Re: Where to document system views? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Where to document system views?
Date
List pgsql-docs
> The pg_stat-related views ought to become part of a new section that
> describes that whole deal in the first place.  If there is a lot to say it
> could become a new chapter in the Admin Guide (perhaps "Monitoring...").

That seems like a good plan for Jan's runtime statistics stuff.  But
pg_stats doesn't quite fit with the others.  Maybe I'll put it into the
"performance tips" area.

> The others could become part of a chapter in the User's Guide I've been
> meaning to write on "schema creation", which would describe what tables,
> views, contraints, and such are.  A subsection on how to reverse engineer
> the created schema would fit naturally.

Seems okay.  Are you thinking of getting that done for 7.2, or is this a
long-term idea?

            regards, tom lane