Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h
Date
Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
List pgsql-patches
> Huh, I think the point is to be able to build 8.3 at all on certain
> Solaris releases.  I think it qualifies as a portability fix.

(a) it wasn't "to build at all", it was to allow "inline" to be enabled
on Sun Studio's compiler, which apparently is too dumb to not generate
copies of an unreferenced inline function.

(b) portability fix or not, this ain't going into 8.3.  It's *far* too
invasive for this late stage of the cycle.

            regards, tom lane