Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cleaning up historical portability baggage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-08-11 10:52:51 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> -- I won't be too surprised if we get pushback on that after 15.0 is out.

> From what angle?

If I knew that, it'd be because we'd already received the pushback.
I'm just suspicious that very little beta testing happens on Windows,
and what does is probably mostly people running up-to-date Windows.
So I think there's plenty of chance for "hey, this no longer works"
complaints later.  Maybe we'll be able to reject it all with "sorry,
we desupported that version of Windows", but I dunno.