Re: 8.4 open items list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.4 open items list
Date
Re: 8.4 open items list  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> In this case, createdb - however, this particular case is of very
> minor impact to us. My gripe is more on the general issue of being
> potentially forced to add support for a new version and beta test
> tools in the same timeframe that PostgreSQL has for beta.

I hear you, but really the only way we could promise that would be to
have a period before beta of nothing happening in the core project while
tools authors do their thing.  That doesn't seem productive.  We're
trying to get some parallelism here, not serialize all the development
and testing.