Re: Execution-time-sensitive timestamp regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Execution-time-sensitive timestamp regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> And I agree that it's strange we haven't seen it before. Could it be a
> side-effect from something that happened lately, or should we consider
> it purely random?

Well, it's possible we have seen it before and ignored it because it
wasn't reproducible.  It was only the coincidence of two buildfarm
members showing the failure at the same time that drew my attention.

I think Andrew has the ability to grep the buildfarm history to see
if we've seen this before.

Another possibility is that we did something that improved performance
to get us below the threshold where this could happen; though I don't
recall anything very likely.