Re: Patch attribution and non-ASCII characters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch attribution and non-ASCII characters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think the best you could do is post the non-ASCII names here, and have
> affected people post back their names in HTML escaping or something that
> suits the SGML docs.

That's probably the best way to close the loop.  I know that when I'm
committing such patches, I tend to copy-n-paste from a mail window to a
shell window, and I'd not venture to guarantee anything about what
encoding the text is in anyway.  Sometimes it looks reasonable in the
shell window and sometimes it doesn't ...