Re: RESET SESSION - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: RESET SESSION
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com> writes:
>  RESET TEMPS            -- please suggest better name

RESET TEMP (should allow RESET TEMPORARY too).  I see no reason to add
a new keyword when the existing one will do fine.

> So in the end RESET SESSION basically executes following commands:

>  ABORT;

I object to having RESET SESSION include an ABORT.  That will make it
a transaction control statement and complicate matters for a whole
lot of things.  If you don't know whether you're in a transaction or
not, you can send ABORT for yourself, but in practice I think most
client code already tracks that (or easily can).

            regards, tom lane