Re: DSM robustness failure (was Re: Peripatus/failures) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DSM robustness failure (was Re: Peripatus/failures)
Date
Re: DSM robustness failure (was Re: Peripatus/failures)  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 07:07:09PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... Was your Python install built
>> with any special switches?  I just used what came from "pkg install".

> It had been built on a previous FreeBSD build, I have my own poudriere
> infrastructure.  I can probably get you the package from my ZFS snaps if
> you'd like.

I've now verified that the bog-standard packages for python 2.7 and python
3.6 both build and pass regression cleanly, using ALPHA10.  And I see
peripatus is back to green too.  So as far as the plpython end of this is
concerned, I think we can write it off as "something wrong with Larry's
custom package build".  However, I'm still slightly interested in how it
was that that broke DSM so thoroughly ... I pulled down your version of
python2.7 and will see if that reproduces it.