Re: So what about XSLT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: So what about XSLT?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> An open task in replacing contrib/xml2 is the XSLT support, which the current
> core implementation lacks altogether.  I am known to often be in favor of a
> lean core, so I have so far been hesitant to push this further, but we should
> eventually come up with an implementation for the users' sake.

> So where should XSLT functionality live:

That question is unanswerable except in the context of a specific
proposal for the amount of functionality and code involved.  To take
it to extremes: if you are talking about adding 100 lines, no one will
object to putting it in core; if you are talking about adding 100000
lines, some of us will object.  I suppose you are thinking of something
in between, but what?