So what about XSLT? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject So what about XSLT?
Date
Re: So what about XSLT?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
An open task in replacing contrib/xml2 is the XSLT support, which the current
core implementation lacks altogether.  I am known to often be in favor of a
lean core, so I have so far been hesitant to push this further, but we should
eventually come up with an implementation for the users' sake.

So where should XSLT functionality live:

- core
- contrib
- pgfoundry

There is also a related but minor question where other interesting XML
functionality should live, such as pretty-printing and canonicalization.
These would be relatively straightward passthroughs to functionality provided
by libxml already.

Comments?