Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Sep-10, Jim Jones wrote:

> Is \conninfo+ no longer supposed to return the results in tabular form?
> At least it wasn't the case till v28.

I suspect the reason it's no longer a table is that it was previously a
query (which is easily printed as a table by calling printQuery) and now
it's just a client-side thing, and Hunaid didn't know how to handle that
as a table.  The good news is, it should be really easy to do
printTableInit(), then a bunch of printTableAddHeader() and
printTableAddCell(), end with printTable().  I think the tabular format
is better for sure.

"La primera ley de las demostraciones en vivo es: no trate de usar el sistema.
Escriba un guión que no toque nada para no causar daños." (Jakob Nielsen)