Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Sep-05, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> That seems more infrastructure/extension author stuff which isn't
> normally mentioned in the release notes.  I think such people really
> need to look at all the commit messages.

Are you saying all extension authors should be reading the complete git
log for every single major release?  That's a strange position to take.
Isn't this a good fit for "E.1.3.10. Source Code"?

<Schwern> It does it in a really, really complicated way
<crab> why does it need to be complicated?
<Schwern> Because it's MakeMaker.