Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert
Date
In response to Re: BUG #18500: Detaching a partition with an index manually attached to the parent's index triggers Assert  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 2024-Jun-28, Laurenz Albe wrote:

> On Thu, 2024-06-27 at 16:55 +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On 2024-Jun-27, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:
> >
> > > Doesn't happen on FreeBSD:
> >
> > Maybe this one uses Postgrs compiled with assertions disabled (would be
> > what I expect in a "production" build).
>
> Ah, right.  I used Devrim's RPM packages, and I see that they are built with
> --enable-cassert.

Oh yeah, I remember noticing that before and thinking that that was an
absolutely insane choice.  Performance really suffers.

"I can't go to a restaurant and order food because I keep looking at the
fonts on the menu.  Five minutes later I realize that it's also talking
about food" (Donald Knuth)