Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 09:37:23AM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 04:51:46PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > That was mostly OK for me, so applied after tweaking a couple of
> > places in the tests (extra explanations, for one), the comments and
> > the code.

I noticed in vacuum_rel() in vacuum.c where table_relation_vacuum() is
called, 4211fbd84 changes the else into an else if [1]. I understand
after reading the commit and re-reading the code why that is now, but I
was initially confused. I was thinking it might be nice to have a
comment mentioning why there is no else case here (i.e. that the main
table relation will be vacuumed on the else if branch).

- Melanie

[1] https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/src/backend/commands/vacuum.c#L2078