Re: pgsql: meson: Add 'running' test setup, as a replacement for installche - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: meson: Add 'running' test setup, as a replacement for installche
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-12-16 19:52:41 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 9:48 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > meson: Add 'running' test setup, as a replacement for installcheck
>
> The -running tests don't seem to be completely stable on CI.  I don't
> know why (smells like plan changes?) but see cfbot.cputube.org for
> some flapping on FreeBSD (the only OS where this is enabled), and
> there's also one example on github.com/posgres/postgres that seems a
> bit different.

Yep, see
https://postgr.es/m/20221209001511.n3vqodxobqgscuil%40awork3.anarazel.de
and then the prototype patch at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20221209020815.wsoixct72c6hst5l%40awork3.anarazel.de

without that patch the tests failed locally within < 10 iterations, with
it I got through 100 without a failure.

Greetings,

Andres Freund