Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: wake up logical workers after ALTER SUBSCRIPTION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 07:20:14PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I certainly don't think that "wake the apply launcher every 1ms"
> is a sane configuration.  Unless I'm missing something basic about
> its responsibilities, it should seldom need to wake at all in
> normal operation.

This parameter appears to control how often the apply launcher starts new
workers.  If it starts new workers in a loop iteration, it updates its
last_start_time variable, and it won't start any more workers until another
wal_retrieve_retry_interval has elapsed.  If no new workers need to be
started, it only wakes up every 3 minutes.

--
Nathan Bossart