Re: Checksum errors in pg_stat_database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Checksum errors in pg_stat_database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-12-12 08:40:04 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> What about just adding a counter tracking the number of checksum
> failures for relfilenodes in a new structure related to them (note
> that I did not write PgStat_StatTabEntry)?

Why were you thinking of tracking it separately from PgStat_StatTabEntry?

I think there's a good argument for starting to track some stats based on the
relfilenode, rather the oid, because it'd allow us to track e.g. the number of
writes for a relation too (we don't have the oid when writing out
buffers). But that's a relatively large change...

Greetings,

Andres Freund