Re: Reducing power consumption on idle servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Reducing power consumption on idle servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 10:31:15AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 9:00 AM Simon Riggs
> <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> As a 3rd patch, I will work on making logical workers hibernate.
>
> Duelling patch warning: Nathan mentioned[1] that he's hacking on a
> patch for that, along the lines of the recent walreceiver change IIUC.

I coded something up last week, but, like the walreceiver patch, it caused
check-world to take much longer [0], and I haven't looked into whether it
could be easily fixed.  I'm hoping to make some time for this again in the
near future.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/20221113222644.GA1269110%40nathanxps13

--
Nathan Bossart