Re: Documentation for building with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Documentation for building with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 16, 2022 at 10:52:35AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> 2022年10月20日(木) 11:43 Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 11:35:10AM -0700, samay sharma wrote:
> > > Creating a new thread focussed on adding docs for building Postgres with
> > > meson. This is a spinoff from the original thread [1] and I've attempted to
> > > address all the feedback provided there in the attached patch.
> > >
> > > Please let me know your thoughts.
> >
> > It's easier to review rendered documentation.
> > I made a rendered copy available here:
> > https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6084297781149696/html_docs/html_docs/install-meson.html
>
> For reference, are there any instructions anywhere on how to do this?  It'd be
> useful to be able to provide a link to the latest version of this documentation
> (and also document the process for patch authors in general).

I've submitted patches which would do that for every patch (ideally,
excluding patches that don't touch the docs, although it looks like the
"exclusion" isn't working).
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/40/3709/

The most recent patches on that thread don't include the "docs as
artifacts" patch, but only the preparatory "build docs as a separate
task".  I think the other part is stalled waiting for some updates to
cfbot to allow knowing how many commits are in the patchset.

FYI, you can navigate from the cirrus task's URL to the git commit (and
its parents)

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6084297781149696 =>
https://github.com/justinpryzby/postgres/commit/7b57f3323fc77e9b04ef2e76976776090eb8b5b5

--