Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Another option might be to just force initial reply/feedback messages when
streaming starts.  The attached patch improves src/test/recovery test
runtime just like the previous one I posted.

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 11:01:27AM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> I wonder if we
> ought to do something similar in the ConfigReloadPending path in case
> hot_standby_feedback is being turned on.

Looking closer, I see that a feedback message is forced in this case
already.

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment