Re: Q: documentation improvement re collation version mismatch - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Q: documentation improvement re collation version mismatch
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 08:04:37AM -0600, Ron wrote:
> On 11/10/22 02:33, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> [snip]
> > For now, the only safe way to go is either reindex everything, or everything
> > except some safe cases (non-partial indexes on plain-non-collatable datatypes
> > only).  Usually, those safe cases are usually enough to avoid most of useless
> > reindex activity.
>
> In this situation, I queried for all indices with text-type columns
> (including UUID) and reindexed them.

That may work in your personal use case, but it's not generally safe.  I hope
you don't have partial indexes, expressions or functions that internally relied
on collatable datatypes, or indexes on other plain collatable datatypes.