Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
Date
Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 08:59:57PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:

> Hmm.  I would be tempted to keep track of the file name and the line
> number as well in IdentLine.  One reason is that this can become
> useful for debugging.  A second is that this can reduce a bit the
> arguments of fill_ident_line() and fill_hba_line() in hbafuncs.c once
> we track these in HbaLine and IdentLine.

Ok, I guess something like the attached v14 is what you want.

> And HEAD is slightly
> overdoing it in its interface for the line number, actually, as we
> pass the line number twice: from {Ident,Hba}Line and the respective
> field from TokenizedAuthLine.

That wouldn't be overdoing anymore if we remove the line number / filename from
the fill_*_line prototypes right?

Attachment