Re: Improve errhint for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Improve errhint for ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ADD/DROP PUBLICATION
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Oct-18, Japin Li wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Oct 2022 at 12:00, houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
> > Agreed. Here is new version patch which changed the error code and
> > moved the whole command out of the message according to Álvaro's comment.
>
> My bad!  The patch looks good to me.

Thank you, I pushed it to both branches, because I realized we were
saying "SET PUBLICATION" when we meant "ADD/DROP"; that hint could be
quite damaging if anybody decides to actually follow it ISTM.

I noted that no test needed to be changed because of this, which is
perhaps somewhat concerning.