Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 11:33:57AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 3:17 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wonder if it would be better to simply remove this extra polling of
>> pg_wal as a prerequisite to your patch.  The existing commentary leads me
>> to think there might not be a strong reason for this behavior, so it could
>> be a nice way to simplify your patch.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to remove that completely. As said
> above, it might help someone, we never know.

It would be great to hear whether anyone is using this functionality.  If
no one is aware of existing usage and there is no interest in keeping it
around, I don't think it would be unreasonable to remove it in v16.

--
Nathan Bossart