Re: pg_statsinfo - PG15 support? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: pg_statsinfo - PG15 support?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 6 Oct 2022 09:34:02 +1100, Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote in
> To the developer(s) who work(s) on pg_statsinfo, are there plans to
> support PG15 and when might pg_statsinfo v15 source be released?
> I can see that for v14 of pg_statsinfo there is an incompatibility
> with the PG15 autovacuum log (i.e. in PG15 some existing autovacuum
> log fields have been removed and some new fields have been added). I
> also noticed that PG15 changes how shared libraries must request
> additional shared memory during initialization and pg_statsinfo source
> code would need updating for this.

Thank you for the info and apologize for the inconvenience. "We" are
aware of the points of incompatibility with PG15 and now working on
pg_statsinfo for PG15. For our historical and procedural reasons, it
is not fully open-sourced and it is usually released around March of
the year following the release of the corresponding version of
PostgreSQL and the source files are published at the same time.  Thus
pg_statsinfo for PG15 will be released in March, 2023.

Thank you for your interest.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi