Re: Query Jumbling for CALL and SET utility statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: Query Jumbling for CALL and SET utility statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 11:43:52AM +0900, bt22kawamotok wrote:

> I found that utility statement is counted separately in upper and lower
> case.
> For example BEGIN and begin are counted separately.
> Is it difficult to fix this problem?

This is a known behavior, utility command aren't normalized (apart from the few
that will be with this patch) and the queryid is just a hash of the provided
query string.

It seems unrelated to this patch though.  While it can be a bit annoying, it's
unlikely that the application will have thousands of way to ask for a new
transaction (mixing case, adding a random number of spaces between BEGIN and
TRANSACTION and so on), so in real life it won't cause any problem.  Fixing it
would require to fully jumble all utility statements, which would require a
separate discussion.