Re: small windows psqlrc re-wording - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: small windows psqlrc re-wording
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 07, 2022 at 01:10:11PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> After looking at the text more carefully, I thought it could use
> a deal more help than Robert has given it.  I propose the attached.

It looks good to me.

-     for example <filename>~/.psqlrc-9.2</filename> or
-     <filename>~/.psqlrc-9.2.5</filename>.  The most specific
+     for example <filename>~/.psqlrc-15</filename> or
+     <filename>~/.psqlrc-15.2</filename>.  The most specific

This bit is a bit saddening.  It's probably good to switch to the new 2 digits
versioning but not trying to maintain it any further right?

That being said, should the patch mention versions that at least currently
exist, like -14 and -14.5?