Re: DocBook 5.2 - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: DocBook 5.2
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 2022-Sep-04, Jürgen Purtz wrote:

> DocBook 5.2 is around the corner [1], we use DocBook 4.5 which is 'feature
> frozen' since 2006, and there are even ideas for DocBook 6.x [2].

What changes?

I doubt we'll want to adopt a new version immediately after release,
since we want to stay compatible with older systems.  But recently I had
an issue with a tag that would have worked with 5.0 and didn't with 4.5,
so let's hear what the benefits are.

"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)