Re: optimize lookups in snapshot [sub]xip arrays - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: optimize lookups in snapshot [sub]xip arrays
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 10:38:11PM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2022 at 12:02:02PM +0700, John Naylor wrote:
>> I'll be the first to say it's not committable and needs some thought. Since
>> there are several recently proposed patches that take advantage of SSE2, it
>> seems time for me to open a new thread and get that prerequisite settled.
>> I'll do that next week.
>
> Awesome.  I will help test and review.

While this prerequisite is worked out [0], here is a new patch set.  I've
added an 0002 in which I've made use of the proposed SSE2 linear search
function in several other areas.  I haven't done any additional performance
analysis, and it's likely I'm missing some eligible code locations, but at
the very least, this demonstrates the reusability of the new function.

[0] https://postgr.es/m/CAFBsxsE2G_H_5Wbw%2BNOPm70-BK4xxKf86-mRzY%3DL2sLoQqM%2B-Q%40mail.gmail.com

--
Nathan Bossart

Attachment