Re: Postgres perl module namespace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Postgres perl module namespace
Date
Re: Postgres perl module namespace  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-10-25 17:12:08 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 10:46:30AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> > ... and pushed.
>
> Thanks!

I just, again, tried to backport a test as part of a bugfix. The
renaming between 14 and 15 makes that task almost comically harder. The
only way I see of dealing with that for the next 5 years is to just
never backpatch tests to < 15. Which seems like a bad outcome.

I just read through the thread and didn't really see this aspect
discussed - which I find surprising.

Except that it's *way* too late I would argue that this should just
straight up be reverted until that aspect is addressed. It's a
maintenance nightmare.

- Andres