Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: make MaxBackends available in _PG_init
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 03:12:42PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> But if there's even one use case where adjusting GUCs at this phase is
> reasonable, then 0003 isn't really good enough. We need an 0004 that
> provides a new hook in a place where such changes can safely be made.

I think that is doable.  IMO it should be ѕomething like _PG_change_GUCs()
that is called before _PG_init().  The other option is to add a hook called
after _PG_init() where MaxBackends is available (in which case we likely
want GetMaxBackends() again).  Thoughts?

> Meanwhile, committed 0001.

Thanks.

--
Nathan Bossart