Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nathan Bossart
Subject Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 01:32:52PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Well, here's the v5 patch, sample output at [1]. Please have a look at it.

I think this is on the right track, but I would even take it a step
further by separating each group of information:

    if (restartpoint)
        appendStringInfo(&logmsg, "restartpoint complete: ");
    else
        appendStringInfo(&logmsg, "checkpoint complete: ");

    /* buffer stats */
    appendStringInfo(&logmsg, "wrote %d buffers (%.1f%%); ",
                              CheckpointStats.ckpt_bufs_written,
                              (double) CheckpointStats.ckpt_bufs_written * 100 / NBuffers);

    /* WAL file stats */
    appendStringInfo(&logmsg, "%d WAL file(s) added, %d removed, %d recycled; ",
                              CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_added,
                              CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_removed,
                              CheckpointStats.ckpt_segs_recycled);

Nathan Bossart